Sunday, June 13, 2010
Nature vs. Nurture
Nature vs. nurture is always going to be a controversial issue and one that I find very tough to decide on. With any situation such as gender, race, sexual preference, etc. there can always be a debate whether somebody is brought up that way and society has shaped us (nurture) or are we just born that way (nature)? Sometimes, I think it can be a mixture of both which really makes it difficult to choose a side. In the podcast we listened to, gender was the subject used and whether females and males act differently. As a female, I feel that my upbringing had to do with teaching me norms about women in society such as what is proper for a girl to wear in certain situations, how to act, what to expect of the opposite sex and so on. Also, society has formed opinions and thoughts in my head. When I hang around a bunch of girls who are very girly and like to shop, like to go dancing and get all dressed up that definitely influences my behavior so both of these examples are nurture related. But I feel regardless of people's influences, I am naturally a certain way because I am a female and thats when nature takes its part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment