Friday, July 16, 2010
Gender
I was always aware that gender inequality was an issue especially in the workplace but after reading this chapter I got much more insight onto the different issues and how feminist groups view these issues. I do agree with what I read that typical female positions such as receptionist, office manager, and nurse are usually paid less. However I do believe that if a woman or male wants to work their way up to a higher level position that pays more than they need to work for it. But then again, what if this family didn't have money to pay for their childs education which enables them to receive higher level job positions in the future. My personal belief is that your race, gender, or social class shouldn't affect your pay. If it's a lower level position pay accordingly just as you would pay accordingly if it were a higher level position.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment