Friday, August 27, 2010

Suburbs

After reading about the three types of areas; rural, suburbs and urban, I can quickly say that I have only lived in the suburbs my entire life. I was born and raised in Northern Virginia and have lived in my house since I was in kindergarten. Before that I still lived in Herndon but lived in a townhome. There are certain things that I like and dislike about living in the suburbs. I like that we are close to the city so I can quickly make a trip there for dancing, drinks, etc. but I also live in an area that is not too crowded, loud, and subjected to constant people traveling. From reading how areas are growing and changing, it made me think of my townhouse I lived in as a very young child. The neighborhood then was quiet and mainly Caucasian people and in a good area but over the years it has developed into a rough neighborhood consisting of Hispanics and the "poorer" people of the town. As we have read, low income neighborhoods tend to result in violence, crime, and less educated people.

No comments:

Post a Comment