Sunday, August 8, 2010

Second Shift

I definitely agree with women having to endure the "second shift" if they are full time employees. I even feel like I have a second shift because when I come home from working 8-5, I have homework for three different classes and I have things to do such as running errands, going to the gym, cleaning up the house, cooking dinner, etc. When I read the chart that had the different errands, I found that the duties were mostly performed by my mother. She works part time as a substitute teacher and does all the shopping, cooking, and majority of the cleaning. My parents do split chores such as ironing, mowing the lawn, and other various things. I think that there are more gender designated chores but that women do deal with the "second shift", whereas men usually don't unless they live alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment